Problem installing Julia plugin in TeXmacs (Windows)

Well it depends which one @MillerSilva has modified to add :winpath…

Anyway I take it a sign that the state of @MillerSilva computer is not clear enough for us to debug remotely. I’ve tried a clean install on Windows this afternoon and worked out just fine after adding :winpath, so it seems to me the problem is that we have a wrong picture of the internal state of this Windows installation and that something we have not considered in interfering.

If it is this, I might have contributed to it when I stated that the plugin worked from TEXMACS_PATH but not from TEXMACS_HOME_PATH

Also, this

seems not coherent with this

Edit: t would be interesting to further compare with

(url-exists? "$TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/plugins/julia/progs/init-julia.scm")
1 Like

Umm when I added (:winpath "Julia*" "bin")to the file init-julia.scm, this was saved as text format .txt. I guess that it can be a problem, I try rename to init-julia.scm , but I think that in reality it is saving like init-julia.scm.txt.

I just did it.

I want to compare with init-python.scm but I don’t know where is the permissions part. Here are the files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kVscZwij_DQCdQl2CP6LXJfbjgBjV5eg?usp=sharing

What is the result of
?

@mgubi It returns #f

What about

(url-exists? "$TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/plugins/julia/progs/init-julia.scm.txt")
1 Like

Right click, click on Properties, go to the security tab. In the upper box you can choose the user, and in the lower box you will see the corresponding permissions.

@mgubi It returns #t

1 Like

Then do

(rename-file "C:\\Users\\mille\\AppData\\Roaming\\TeXmacs\\plugins\\julia\\progs\\init-julia.scm.txt"
 "C:\\Users\\mille\\AppData\\Roaming\\TeXmacs\\plugins\\julia\\progs\\init-julia.scm")

and then check again

which should return true.

1 Like

and in the image I see notepad
It is quite possible that it happened there :slight_smile:

Edit:

I would have seen the different name if I had read your post with attention:

But I was following only the train of thought that was in my mind, and I missed it.

1 Like

I did it and great!
A picture is worth a thousand words

3 Likes

I’ve updated the plugin initialisation with :winpath. Thanks to all for the help in resolving this issue. @MillerSilva please let me know if you encounter other problems with the plugin on Windows, I do not test myself that particular platform.

4 Likes

Got it!

4 Likes

I’d like to help. Just setup a Windows 10 virtual machine on my Debian SID. I will never use my 8 year old Lenovo laptop for TeXmacs development.

1 Like