Absolute sign too short with Stix font

With Stix Math font, the absolute sign is way too short:
I wonder if there is something wrong with my system font files.

are you using the math environment? on my machine they looks fine, but if I type it in the text mode they don’t.

I get the same as @Jade. The supposedly larger version looks better to me:

(around (left "|" "1") "y" (right "|" "1"))

Yes I am using the math environment. It looks like that in both inline and displayed math:

However, it looks fine in an newly created document. I made customizations in my document, but none of them should affect the font rendering, right? Here is the preamble of my document:

<assign|large-padding-above|0.3fn>

<assign|large-padding-below|0.3fn>

<assign|bg-color|#eceee6>

<assign|two-columns|<macro|body|<with|par-columns|2|<arg|body>>>>

<assign|red-color|<macro|body|<with|color|red|<arg|body>>>>

<assign|blue-color|<macro|body|<with|color|blue|<arg|body>>>>

<assign|text-at-halign|center>

<assign|text-at-valign|center>

<assign|note-color|#397F70>

<assign|theorem-color|#3273B6>

<assign|math|<macro|x|<math-colored|<with|math-display|false|<uncolored-math|<arg|x>>>>>>

<assign|remark-sep| \ >

<assign|render-remark|<\macro|which|body>
  <render-enunciation|<remark-name|<with|color|<value|note-color>|font-family|ss|<arg|which><remark-sep>>>|<arg|body>>
</macro>>

<assign|theorem-sep| \ >

<assign|render-theorem|<\macro|which|body>
  <render-enunciation|<theorem-name|<with|font-family|ss|color|<value|theorem-color>|<arg|which><theorem-sep>>>|<with|font-shape|normal|<arg|body>>>
</macro>>

<assign|dueto|<macro|name|<with|font-family|ss|<theorem-name|(<arg|name>)
\ >>>>

\;

<assign|title-bar-color|white>

<assign|title-vpadding|0spc>

<assign|title-right|<image|logo.png||18pt||>>

<assign|tit|<\macro|body>
  <\no-margins>
    <\surround|<assign|page-this-top|0spc>|<assign|gpag-length|<macro|<minus|1pag|<plus|<times|2|<value|title-vpadding>>|<times|<value|title-font-size>|1.4fn>|0.8fn|<value|par-par-sep>>>>>>
      <with|font-family|ss|font-series|bold|par-par-sep|0fn|color|<value|title-shadow-color>|font-size|<if|<value|title-old-style>|1|<value|title-font-size>>|<resize|<tabular*|<tformat|<twith|table-width|1par>|<twith|table-hmode|exact>|<cwith|1|1|1|-1|cell-tsep|<value|title-vpadding>>|<cwith|1|1|1|-1|cell-bsep|<value|title-vpadding>>|<cwith|1|1|1|-1|cell-background|<title-bar-color>>|<cwith|1|1|1|1|cell-halign|c>|<cwith|1|1|1|1|cell-hyphen|t>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-vcorrect|n>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-halign|l>|<twith|table-valign|T>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-hyphen|t>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-lsep|0spc>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-rsep|0spc>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-bsep|0spc>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-tsep|0spc>|<cwith|1|1|1|1|cell-rsep|0spc>|<cwith|1|1|1|1|cell-lsep|0spc>|<cwith|1|1|1|1|cell-bborder|0ln>|<cwith|1|1|1|1|cell-width|>|<cwith|2|2|1|1|cell-width|>|<table|<row|<\cell>
        <with-tit-color|<very-large|<move| \ <arg|body>||-1spc>><htab|5mm>>
      </cell>>|<\row>
        \;
      </row>>>>||<plus|1b|0.2fn>||>>
    </surround>
  </no-margins>
</macro>>

<assign|title-color|black>

<assign|ttable|<macro|body|<tformat|<twith|table-width|1par>|<twith|table-hmode|exact>|<twith|table-block|yes>|<cwith|1|-1|1|-1|cell-hyphen|t>|<cwith|1|-1|1|-1|cell-hpart|0.001>|<cwith|1|-1|1|1|cell-lsep|0fn>|<cwith|1|-1|-1|-1|cell-rsep|0fn>|<cwith|1|-1|1|-1|cell-valign|t>|<arg|body>>>>

This seems like a complicated issue. It seems to happen only in specific documents. More strangely, once triggered in one problematic document, other Stix documents opened after that also show the problem, but in those it disappears after restarting TeXmacs.

The formatting seems to depend on the contents in the rest of the document. Putting an equation with very large parentheses in the document seems to cause the problem, e.g.

(equation* (document (concat "log " (around* "(" (frac "2*" (concat "*" (sqrt (frac "1" "*p")))) ")"))))

You may need to restart TeXmacs to see the problem appear.

possibly the problem is with this macro since it reset the \math-display variable.

This could be some caching issue. I would guess should be considered a bug.

I’ve filed a report:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?64075

1 Like