Are colors customizable? (Partially Colorblind)

I was wondering if it was possible to adjust the colors of things like the boxes surrounding the different environments. They’re very hard for me to see. I’m partially colorblind (not completely Red-Green, just deficient.) It’s basically impossible for me to see the pale green markers on whiteboards or distinguish dark red from black in thin lines like plots or these box outlines.

Ideally I’d like to change the cyan color to something more readable for myself, and potentially thicken those outlines a bit.

I’m totally comfortable with Scheme, so it’s fine if I have to write a config file. I just couldn’t find any documentation about those kinds of customizations in the manual.

Unfortunately, not yet, but this is indeed on my personal wishlist.

In fact, all these colors should be stylable, as well as colors for syntax highlighting. This would also be useful when using TeXmacs in reversed video mode or in combination with certain beamer themes.

2 Likes

Ah, that is unfortunate. I had assumed that TeXmacs was as customizable as Emacs already (given the discussion of Scheme). Oh well. I’ll just have to wait. Maybe I’ll try to dive into figuring out how to add it when my thesis is finished :laughing:

1 Like

I think that there are OS-dependent (or desktop environment dependent) global settings for colorblind / disabilities.