Backlink functionality almost work, but

I managed to find a way to insert hyperlink that relates various files within the same folder. I.e., using Insert->Link->Link To URL

But it has an unpleasant problem: the label that directing to the file must precisely match the file name.
So everytime I use this Link To URL, I have to append to a .tm to make it work. Otherwise the next time I check the file it can not display properly due to absence of “.tm”
Here is an example:

In this pic, if I omit .tm, two thing will happen depends on set up:

1. if I initially using url link without .tm, then within this file, although I can type math, and save it; next time I enter this file by click, it messes up!
  2. if I manually save the url link file with .tm, it will behavior normal, but it cannot be recognize by the mother document anymore, and the next time I click this url link, it will direct to a plain empty file!

ennnn, I find a way out…
simply use Insert -> Link -> Hyperlink
But now the question is, what is Insert->Link->Link To URL good for?

I think \slink is supposed to be used for “full” hyperlinks, i.e. complete specifications like http://www.texmacs.org/index.html and you do not have ways to change the way they display. On the other hand \hlink are more flexible and you can choose how they display. Maybe a good thing to do is to search the documentation to see how the two markup are used there. Personally I never use \slink and always \hlink.