Drawing horizontal/vertical segments in technical pictures in TeXmacs

I wonder whether it is possible to draw “strict” horizontal or vertical line segments (during, for example, drawing a polygon) in technical pictures. In other picture design programs, usually pressing"Ctrl" or “Ctrl + Shift” will force the segment to be “regular”, constrained to say 15-degree increments of the angle between the segment and the horizontal line.

I’m not sure if there’s a modifier key to do so, but I draw strict horizontal/vertical segments by turning on the Cartesian or Notebook grid! ([Second icon on the window’s topmost toolbar] > Type > Cartesian, or Insert > Grid > Cartesian)

By default it’ll snap points to the grid points and to the midpoints between them. This and the grid spacing can easily be changed via either the toolbar or the grid menu (shortcut icon or Insert > Grid). The grid can then be turned off when you’re done.

Hope this helps!

No there isn’t. Seems a good idea. The graphics editor need some love, I feel that even now the key combinations are already a bit saturated. Most of its code is in scheme (a cool language to work on), so if somebody would like to give a try and enhance it, feel welcome.