Environment variables for customized HTML export do not work

I am using TeXmacs 2.1.1.

According to the manual, I can set html-title, html-css, html-head-javascript-src, etc. to customize the HTML output, but it turns out that none of them works…

I also tried to compile TeXmacs notes locally, where these variables are set in the style file. It doesn’t work as intended either.

Did I do something wrong, or this feature has been removed?

Thank you.

Hi @chrt and welcome to the forum!

Where did you set these variables, in the preamble or in a style file? I believe they will only work in a style file, not the preamble.

I just tried to convert one of the TeXmacs notes, and it works for me.

2 Likes

Thank you! It turns out that the export works as intended after I manually move notes.ts to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TeXmacs\styles. It is a bit strange, because I would be directed to the correct style file by clicking Edit style in, say, main.tm without making this change.

However, I did see some error messages, which might be relevant:

Warning: Save error for C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TeXmacs\system\cache\__D_\notes\src\notes__, No error
Warning: Save error for C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TeXmacs\system\cache\__D_\notes\src\notes__libertine-font__, No error

There were 8 such errors in total, all of the same form. After I moved notes.ts they did not appear.

Unfortunately there is a bug with local style files under Windows at the moment:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61563

I hope to find the time to look into this. I’ll first have to find out how to set up a development toolchain on Windows. Any hints from others on the forum are most welcome.

1 Like