How can TeXmacs/Mogan support ChatGPT given that it is banned in several countries?

China in particular bans it.

I don’t see an urgent necessity to incorporate ChatGPT. Unlike LaTeX, most constructions in TeXmacs are intuitive enough. I guess that the maintainers will consider it when ChatGPT is able to produce long codes in TeXmacs reliably which could facilitate user’s needs, but now it does not seem to reach this level.

China in particular bans it.

China didn’t ban it. But ChatGPT chosed to refuse users from China.

Another fact is that the government of China is relatively conservative and the law of China is not as “perfect” or “sound” or “transparent” as other country.

To clarify, Mogan is a non-profit and libre software. We will not add support of non-free software or service in Mogan. (I’ve removed the matlab/mathematica plugin in Mogan.)

Chinese people are very excited about ChatGPT. There are too many reports about ChatGPT every day for the past several months.

Gunpowder is invented in China, but Chinese people use Gunpowder to produce firecrackers for entertainment. After the Opium War, it is the common sense among Chinese people that if a country is outdated in Science and Technology, other countries will start another Opium War.

That’s what I was educated. I think it is still a common sense for the young generation in China. The government of China is conservative and also eager/anxious of new science and technology to prevent being bullied again in the future.

Well, I’m sure China will have its own AI soon.

So maybe it’s time to think about how to create a training set for such such AIs that would help TeXmacs/Mogan import LaTeX more accurately?