How do I make wide-framed-colored extend to more than one page?

Let’s say I want to change the background color of some environment. For example, the example environment, whose default definition is given below.

<assign|example|<\macro|body>
  <surround|<compound|next-example>||<compound|render-remark|<compound|example-numbered|<compound|example-text>|<compound|the-example>>|<arg|body>>>
</macro>>

I would like to change the background color. I do so at the moment through the use of wide-framed-colored object.

<assign|example|<\macro|body>
  <wide-framed-colored|#fff0f0|#fff0f0|<value|framed-width>|<value|framed-hsep>|<value|framed-vsep>|<surround|<compound|next-example>||<compound|render-remark|<compound|example-numbered|<compound|example-text>|<compound|the-example>>|<arg|body>>>>
</macro>>

The problem is, the example environment gets broken off at the end of the page.

These environments are created with a single-cess tables and while tables can be made to interact with page breaking in general they will not split across a single cell. I think is a serious shortcoming of the current implementation, but I do not know how to go around. Maybe you can try to ask in texmacs-users where Joris could give you some hints.

1 Like

Thanks. I guess I’ll just avoid using background colors.