How to add Figure numbering to List of Figures?

Hi, I have been using Texmacs for a couple of weeks and would like to know if there is a way to add “Figure” and figure number at the beginning of each entry in the List of Figures.

Here is the current List of Figures:-

And here is the desired appearance:-

Looking at the source tree…
…I can see that the figure numbers are there just after the tag “tuple”
…but how to display them?

The macros in this mailing list message work for list of figures that are in standard order (skipping no figure): https://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2006-02/msg00035.html

With Paste from -> Scheme he means Paste from -> TeXmacs Scheme

I think there is a way to read the numbers from the arguments of the list-of-figures tab—which might work for any ordering—but to figure it out I need to think about it.

1 Like

Many thanks!

The method in the mailing list message seems to work fine for me.

(I had seen that message before but couldnt get it to work, but your hint about using
from TeXmacs Scheme
did the trick!)

Glad that it works.
Keep in mind that the macro is adding 1 to the environment variable list-fig every time that the macro itself is invoked. So if you change the order in which the figures are listed in the list of figures or do not list one figure, the numbers will be wrong.

By “you” I mean here also other macros that one may add after having forgotten how the modified glossary-1 works.

Thanks pireddag.

I’m OK with this solution for now.

But longer term it would be better to have a more robust solution to figure numbering in the list of figures.

I am having to treat macros as black boxes (for now at least) as there seems to be a big learning curve in front of me for that.