Idea: math mode autocompletion via math fragment sharing among TeXmacs users

This would also give users an incentive to promote TeXmacs on social media — namely, to improve the quality of math mode autocompletion for themselves.

To encourage users to share their math fragments (automatically), you could make it so that activating math mode autocompletion requires that you also share your math fragments with other people.

Could you be a little bit more specific about what you mean by ‘math fragment’? Giving an example would explain a lot.

Also, is there auto completion for math mode?

A math fragment would be a math expression subtree possibly with some placeholders.

So as an example, when entering a square root symbol in math mode, you would see some popular completions such as the formula for distance in 2d and 3d.

There’s no auto completion for math mode. So you would need to add that and make it so you can share fragments with other users automatically.

What you are asking is basically a template or snippet system if I understand correctly.

With the current available packages/plugins of Texmacs, is it possible to do the example you gave? I am not sure.

I agree, this would be extremely useful

With the current available packages/plugins of Texmacs, is it possible to do the example you gave? I am not sure.

Essentially everything related to UI can be reprogrammed in TeXmacs. So a user can define macros to open a widget and select from a list of possible snippets to insert.

You are referring to the macro system right? Previously I thought you were referring to the Scheme code to do this.

The distance of two dimension is as follows

<assign|d2|<macro|a|<sqrt|(<arg|a><rsup|1>)<rsup|2>+(<arg|a><rsup|2>)<rsup|2>>>>

I have not used =macro= before. It is very interesting.