Is it possible to annotate images?

I.e. draw over images. Or, alternatively, insert an image inside a drawing environment?

Yes, insert the image, select it, then click the image icon on the toolbar and select “Draw over selection”.

Cool! Can’t believe spent like 20 minutes looking and didn’t see that option.

1 Like

This operation has some bugs. For example, if you click the red cross button to remove the draw over tag directly, it removes the image rather than the drawings. To remove the drawings, one can do it from the source. It also hijacks the surrounding tags such as center, which can not be removed directly even in the source (but one can first remove the draw over tag and then remove the center tag).

1 Like

Yeah, it wasn’t vert pleasant to work with. I decided to annotate the image in a different software.

I think it’s still very convenient to use despite the bugs.

1 Like

The TeXmacs teaser video also shows some interaction with an image where the user is adding labels.
Another way is probably to make a graph and put the image inside the graph, so one can also add annotations in a more stable way.

I found it pleasant to use despite the gotchas, but definitely we need a better interface.
The biggest pro is the text quality–it feels very professional.