Issue with coloring equations

I have a style that is derived from one of Texmac’s default that gives equations a different color. This is how I declare it on my style file.

<use-package|std|env|title-generic|header-article|section-article|alt-colors>

I’ve noticed that while equations are colored, the numbering of systems of equations are also colored, which is not supposed to happen. For example, compare equations 5 and 6 in the figure below. Is there a way to fix this?

Before trying to enter into details, what is the difference in the source code between eq.5 and eq. 6?

It is a bug, or maybe you used a wrong mechanism to change colours in equations. How did you did that?

Anyway, you can avoid it by changing color around the numbering tag, or by using a table inside an equation environment for the formatting. This would also be nicer since the numbering will be vertically centered.

As I said in my original post, I am simply inheriting from a predefined style in Texmacs that has colored equations. I don’t have any code written to do that.

Yes. I checked the package alt-colors and it typesets the math environments by changing the color. The following additional definition will solve the problem

<assign|next-number|
   <macro|<style-with|src-compact|none|
       <next-equation>
       <with|mode|text|font-shape|right|color|black|
               (<the-equation>)>>>>

it would be nice to parametrize it with the color of the text.

However I think this is a bug in the alt-colors packages which has to be corrected (possibly by adding the above definition to the package itself).

1 Like