Julia programming language

We don’t really have a Jupyter document inside of TeXmacs with the plugin. You are probably thinking of the Jupyter Notebook. This is separate from the kernels that do the actual computation, but don’t store the document. The TeXmacs plugin is a replacement for the Notebook, it talks with the Jupyter kernels, sending it commands and receiving the results to render.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought about it without your suggestions, either :slight_smile:

An inspector UI would be aweseome! I’m never sure about which variables are set where.

Here’s a screenshot just for fun!

Four times the Lorenz attractor: in Python, Julia, SageMath and Octave :smiley:

EDIT: centered now

1 Like

Can you center better the document? I would like to post it on the twitter account. :slight_smile:

Here’s two more attempts, in landscape:

Or as a series:

1 Like

Thanks! I posted the landscape picture.

1 Like

Progresses with the plugin (and with my understanding of Julia…)

4 Likes

Very nice ! Thanks for sharing.

I still have to see a nice way to do help and documentation which integrates with TeXmacs. I think if we find a nice solution then it would not be difficult to integrate it in our various plugins. Somehow all of them share the same problems in this respect.

1 Like

Hi @mgubi, I’m also interesting to use Julia in Texmacs. I see that you are working in that and thak’s a lot for that. I would like to know if there is any progress of the plugin that I can install.

You can either use the Jupyter plugin here

or the julia plugin here

there are both working and essentially functional, just maybe looking for some enhancements and maybe bug reports. You are welcome to try them and let us know. Read the README.md for installation. It should be quite easy.

3 Likes