Tag cells on the right

Instead of having (1), (2) on the right of the cell, I’d like to tag them like (using Markov Inequality). I want a concise way to show the logic behind every line. What is the best way to do this?

It depends a bit on your needs, but the simplest way to do this in an equation array is to insert a tab (Format -> Whitespace -> Tab) before a text Field (Insert -> Text).

In addition to the answer by @jeroen, please have a look as well at these messages on the mailing list: https://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2020-12/msg00009.html with answer https://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2020-12/msg00010.html

It is a bit different from your request in that I wanted comments between the lines of a sequence of equalities. Despite it is not what you asked for, you may find it interesting.

Thanks for the interesting suggestion, @pireddag! I was wondering if you could perhaps post an example code of the resulting “intertext”?

There you go (please don’t be bothered by the lack of context, I wrote it as notes for myself on the sampling theorem, and modified it quickly now to remove a reference and tweak the format)

<\equation> <tabular|<tformat|<cwith|1|-1|1|-1|cell-tsep|2sep>|<cwith|1|-1|1|-1|cell-bsep|2sep>|<cwith|3|3|1|1|cell-row-span|1>|<cwith|3|3|1|1|cell-col-span|3>|<cwith|5|5|1|1|cell-row-span|1>|<cwith|5|5|1|1|cell-col-span|3>|<cwith|3|3|1|1|cell-width|1pt>|<cwith|3|3|1|1|cell-hmode|exact>|<cwith|3|3|1|1|cell-block|yes>|<cwith|5|5|1|1|cell-width|1pt>|<cwith|5|5|1|1|cell-hmode|exact>|<cwith|5|5|1|1|cell-block|yes>|<cwith|4|4|1|3|cell-tsep|2sep>|<cwith|4|4|1|3|cell-bsep|2sep>|<cwith|3|3|1|1|cell-rsep|>|<cwith|5|5|1|1|cell-rsep|>|<cwith|3|3|1|1|cell-hyphen|t>|<cwith|5|5|1|1|cell-hyphen|t>|<table|<row|<cell|\<frak-F\>\<frak-T\><wide|f|\<bar\>><around*|(|t|)>>|<cell|=>|<cell|<frac|1|<sqrt|2\<pi\>>>*<big|int><rsub|-\<infty\>><rsup|\<infty\>>f<around|(|t|)>*<big|sum><rsub|n=-\<infty\>><rsup|\<infty\>>\<delta\>*<around|(|t-n*\<Delta\>*t|)>*e<rsup|-i*<space|0.17em>\<omega\>*<space|0.17em>t>*d*t>>|<row|<cell|>|<cell|=>|<cell|<frac|1|<sqrt|2\<pi\>>>*<big|sum><rsub|n=-\<infty\>><rsup|\<infty\>><big|int><rsub|-\<infty\>><rsup|\<infty\>>f<around|(|t|)>*\<delta\>*<around|(|t-n*\<Delta\>*t|)>*<space|0.17em>e<rsup|-i*<space|0.17em>\<omega\>*<space|0.17em>t>*d*t>>|<row|<\cell> <\text> applying the definition of <math|\<delta\>>-function (we need for this step the continuity of <math|f<around*|(|t|)>>) </text> </cell>|<cell|>|<cell|>>|<row|<cell|>|<cell|=>|<cell|<frac|1|<sqrt|2\<pi\>>>*<big|sum><rsub|n=-\<infty\>><rsup|\<infty\>>f<around|(|t<rsub|n>|)>*e<rsup|-i*<space|0.17em>\<omega\>*<space|0.17em>t<rsub|n>>>>|<row|<\cell> <text|where <math|t<rsub|n>=n*\<Delta\>t>, and using the Fourier Transform of the sampled function> </cell>|<cell|>|<cell|>>|<row|<cell|>|<cell|=>|<cell|<big|sum><rsub|n=-\<infty\>><rsup|\<infty\>><wide|f|^><around*|(|\<omega\>-<frac|2\<pi\>*n|\<Delta\>t>|)>>>>>><label|eq:eq:FourierTransformSampledFunctionUnicity> </equation>

1 Like