TeXmacs faster with WSL+Xming on windows

After I change some configuration file of TeXmacs, I can no longer launch it on my Win10 desktop, even after re-installing. However, I installed the Linux version in WSL, together with Xming to get the graphical interface.

Surprisingly, it is much smoother without any delay when typing, compared with TeXmacs installed on either Win10 or Ubuntu.

Are you using the Qt version also on this new configuration?

Sorry that I’m not sure what you mean, but when I install TeXmacs in WSL, it did install packages called libQt5*.

Ok, this answer my question, thanks. We do not have particular complains recently about the speed of TeXmacs under any of the supported operating systems. Are you using the last version? (1.99.21)

Could you please give some detailed instructions? I am suffering from the unstable win version and trying to use wsl+xsrv instead. I have followed the instructions here to install TeXmacs on wsl and I am using VcXsrv as gui.
In this process, I did nothing more than just unzip. And the resulting software is barely usable.
So maybe I am missing something here. Any suggestions is warmly welcomed.

Can you describe in which ways TeXmacs is unstable on Windows? It would be useful to know in order to try to remove the problems.

My TeXmacs couldn’t start up and I have solved this problem by following this.
But then I encounter this error when trying to define my own packages:

I have tried reinstall TeXmacs but it’s useless. The same package file works in my another win10 computer. I have no clue what happens here.

Did you put the style file in the same directory as the document or in TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/packages? The former is currently broken:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61563

1 Like

Try the Windows installer of Mogan v1.0 alpha4

It is much faster then GNU TeXmacs 2.1.1!