TeXmacs window is very small and I get a system message that "TeXmacsQt Windows has stopped working"

I tried running the TeXmacs(TeXmacs-1.99.9-installer or TeXmacs-1.99.11-installer ) on Windows 10,
but it showed me an error. TeXmacs window is very small and I get a system message that “TeXmacsQt Windows has stopped working”.
In my another PC (also windows 10), TeXmacs works well.
could anyone help me?
Snipaste_2019-10-22_20-22-29
Best

You may try the installer provided by slowphil:

Thanks. I solved the problem.
you need to make sure you uninstall and delete everything from the previous installation.
I tried erasing (or renaming) the user settings directory. It is located in C:\Users<user-login>\AppData\Roaming\TeXmacs and it works.
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50205

1 Like

Just had the same problem running on 32-bitWindows 7.
(I had previously noticed before closing-down Texmacs in an earlier session that I couldnt save open documents).

Then got the error mesage when I tried to run Texmacs.

I found this post which was very useful. But instead of erasing/renaming the user settings directory I did a search for recent file changes in that location and it showed 3 .scm files named: interactive.scm, preferences.csm, settings.scm. I simply renamed these to:- OLDinteractive.scm, OLDpreferences.csm, OLDsettings.scm.

After that the Texmacs program started normally again (so far!) and it has created new files preferences.csm, settings.scm in the same location.