Trouble updating my personal packages

Hello, I installed my personal packages in the /home/biz/.TeXmacs/packages folder.
They are easily accessible in the menus.
Until now, when I modified a package, by restarting texmacs or by refreshing it, the change of the package was taken into account.
Now if I change my packages the changes are not picked up by Texmacs. Texmacs seems keeping a copy of an old version of the package and it’s become difficult if you want to improve old personal macros.
Thanks for your help.

It is possible that @darcy, @mgubi or @jeroen can help you better, this said I think it is worth deleting (after having saved it) your .TeXmacs folder, letting TeXmacs regenrate it, place back in there your personal packages and see if now TeXmacs behaves well.

By deleting the .Texmacs file, the problem persists but I found the solution.
I renamed my package and it worked. If I modify macros in this new package (.ts) the modifications are taken into account.
In fact, I made my file (.ts) in the following way: menu -> tools-> extract the style file.
This is what prevented me from being able to modify the macros of my package.
I won’t do it this way again.
Thank you once again for your help.

Hello,
I just noticed that the problem persists.
If I create a new macro in personal package then it is usable with the right parameters. But if I modify an old macro, when I use it it resumes the old definition of the macro which must be saved in a file somewhere.
However, I refreshed the document in texmacs and even restarted Texmacs.
It’s strange because before I could change the macros and it worked right away.

Can you please provide the following?

• OS
  • Texmacs version
  • Where you downloaded it from
  • Steps to reproduce the issue

My OS: ubuntu 22.04
My version: TeXmacs 2.1.2
Download on
[https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:slowphil:texmacs-devel&package=texmacs]
I installed the package: texmacs_2.1.2.svn13888+extras-1_amd64.deb
I installed my personal packages in the /home/biz/.TeXmacs/packages folder.
For example, I have the file mon-package-perso.ts.
When I modify a macro of this file, the modifications of the macro are saved in the file but if I use the macro, it is the old version of the macro which acts. Texmacs must remember the old macro?

I tried, but I can’t reproduce the issue you mention. If you can provide exact steps to reproduce, I can try again. (e.g., do you edit the style file in TeXmacs, what macro you enter, do you close the document before opening the style file, do you close the style file before editing the document, etc.)

I have a vague memory of seeing the same thing. I do not recall any detail. I think that to get around it I renamed the “old version” of the package to a new name, restarted TeXmacs “without the package” (perhaps updating the plugins?? I do not recall) and added the new version of the package with the old name.

But I may recall wrong.

By doing as Pirredag ​​suggests, it works.
The other solution is to edit its package from the menu, modify macros and do TOOLS /UPDATE/STYLES.
What I did was “save the package.ts with the new macros”, then DOCUMENT/REFRESH/ALL
In fact, it didn’t change the package.ts file which was in the /home/biz/.TeXmacs/packages folder.
Thanks for your help.

Document->Update->All does not update linked pictures, which is also done in the menu Tools->Update. This is very unintuitive, even dangerous for new users who make a small change to a linked image and “update all” but do not realize the picture is not updated. IMHO, Document->Update->All should indeed update everything in the document.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, the essential reason is that something is catched thus not updated. It is solved by running TeXmacs with parameter --delete-cache.