Two columns with text and image

I’m still learning TeXmacs.

I’m using the Education-Course style and I’d like to make a paragraph like below, i.e. 2 columns: text in the left-hand column and a pasted image in the right-hand column.

I’ve tried 2 solutions:

1. select the text and image, then change the selection to 2 columns, but this doesn’t work and I can’t get just the image in the 2nd column.
  2. create a table with 2 columns and 1 line, but this doesn’t work either, because the line break (Format-Break-New line) doesn’t work in the table cell, and if I insert the image in the 2nd column, the page width of the document is modified, even if I reduce the size of the image.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Placing an image alongside text is not well supported in TeXmacs. Said this, I think you can obtain an ok-looking layout in the following way:

• create a wide tabular with 2 columns and 1 row
  • right column: vertical alignment center (top may work too), width exact (choose a value that makes the drawing fit, choose a drawing width that makes it fit as well, exempli gratia 0.4par)
  • left column: vertical alignment top

You access the menus from the lower ribbon when inside each cell; for the cell where the image is, you need to position the cursor on the left of the image.

Further, Format-Break-New line worked in the test I did.
Pls. let me know if this helps.

Hello,

Yes, it helps me !

Thanks a lot.