What changes to TeXmacs are backported to Mogan?

I am a bit confused about the degree to which TeXmacs changes are backported to Mogan?

For example, the bug GNU TeXmacs - Bugs: bug #62828, Incorrect LaTeX export of… [Savannah] I filed was fixed in this commit on Oct 10 but it does not appear in the Mogan source. Is there some convention on backporting? What is the normal workflow for backporting changes from a fork?

Best,

Gennady

EDIT: This actually is related to a question here: Will you switch from TeXmacs to Mogan due to its faster editing speed?

Bug fixes and performance enhancement will be backported from GNU TeXmacs to Mogan when we are releasing Mogan v1.1.2 betaX.

What is the normal workflow for backporting changes from a fork?

For Mogan, just create pull requests. Mogan Developers will spare their time backporting when releasing beta versions. Contributors are welcomed to create pull requests any time.

For GNU TeXmacs, submitting patches here is the most official way: https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=texmacs

1 Like

will mogan support fedora linux in the future?

As far as I know, currently, the Mogan Developers are using Ubuntu and ArchLinux. If no new Mogan Developer or Packager, fedora linux will not be supported.