How do I add a new environment (Assumption)

Hello,
thanks for this amazing software!
I am writing a paper and unfortunately I do need some assumptions for my theorems. So I wanted to create a new environment assumption. I found this page: http://www.texmacs.org/tmdoc/main/styles/env/env-base-dtd.en.html but I do not know what env-base is, how to edit it, and which key combination allows me to input a <new-theorem|...>.
Best

1 Like

Hi. The file env-base-dts.ts is a package which I guess get loaded at some point. I checked and for me \new-theorem works indeed out of the box. One way to use it is to open your document, and add the following to the preamble

<new-theorem|hypothesis|Assumption>

To edit the preamble of a document you need to choose the menu item Document->Part->Show preamble. To come back to the usual view, just reselect the same menu item (which now should have a tick). If this feels unfamiliar to you I suggest you to read the help Help->Manual->Writing TeXmacs style files, for example new-theorem is explained there in Section 4.5. A useful source of information on various ways to customise TeXmacs and how the macro language works is in the “Jolly Writer”.

4 Likes

Thank you!
For anyone as clueless as me, who is wondering how to input the <new-theorem>: Its a TexMacs command and is done via \.

Another way is to copy the text

<new-theorem|hypothesis|Assumption>

and then do “Edit->Paste from->TeXmacs” when you are in the preamble. This tells TeXmacs to interpret that text as its own native document format and not literally as it would do if you just paste it in a document.

2 Likes